Stats NZ states the following
Statistics about the economy measure:
- the goods and services New Zealand consumes and produces
- changes in prices (inflation)
- our economic relationship with the rest of the world.
We provide several indicators of the state of New Zealand’s economy.
- gross domestic product (GDP)
- consumers price index (CPI)
- the unemployment rate, and other labour market statistics
- balance of payments (BOP)
- statistics about the national accounts
- overseas trade indexes
- imports and exports
- overseas cargo
- overseas debt
- productivity statistics.