DAVOS – The focus: Stakeholders for a Cohesive and Sustainable World
7 themes: ♦ Society and the Future of work ♦ Tech for Good ♦ Beyond Geopolitics ♦ Healthy Futures ♦ Better Business ♦ Fair Economics ♦ How to save the planet
◊ 829 public speakers ◊ 223 webcast sessions ◊ approximately 3,000 attendees (business and political leaders)
DAVOS – The feedback: twitter network #DAVOS2020 comprised
◊ 16,834 tweeters ◊ 34,783 tweets, including: ◊ 840 Replies to ◊ 6330 Retwees ◊ 1944 Tweets ◊ 5741 Mentions ◊ 3,751 unique hastags (56,128 in total)
The Insights: The top liked and retweeted tweets in the #DAVOS2020 network.
|Donald Trump and GOP – climate change deniers|
|GretaThunberg – climate change advocate|
The outcomes: Did Davos2020 make progress?
The tweets illustrate the dichotomy within the “sustainability climateaction” space – no problem versus urgent action.
Although cbsnews’ tweet about Gretathunberg’s presentation was the most liked and retweeted in the network – the influence of @realdonaldtrump and @POTUS amplified by @scavino45 and @varneyco (foxnews presenter) showed that many tweeters support the policies of the @realdonaldtrump @POTUS.
The hope: Davos took place against the backdrop of environmental disasters such as fires and drought in Australia, floods in Indonesia and extreme threats to the planets biodiversity and ecosystems across the planet.
Does the #Davos2020 network show a glimmer of hope?
A tweet to @GretaThunberg succinctly stated the enormous challenge:
Did you know? 1. Global crop failures hit at 1.5- 2°C. 2. Billions die at 3°C. 3. Most humans dead at 4°C. 4. Earth uninhabitable at 6°C.
- We’re heading for 1.5°C by 2025.
- We’re heading for 2°C by 2035.
- We’re heading for 4- 6°C by 2075. Business as usual #Davos2020 ?? ♥ 200 retweeted by 53
Climate action requires global action, cooperation, agreement to goals and commitment to the Paris Agreement. If assisting governments and institutions in the tracking progress towards the Paris Agreement was a important objective of DAVOS – it was barely mentioned by the 16,834 tweeters.
Top 10 Davos Banks Pumping Billions to Accelerate #ClimateEmergency ($bn since Paris agreement signed):
1 JP Morgan $196
2 Citi $130
3 BofA $107
4 RBC $101
5 Barclays $85
6 MUFG $80
7 TD Bank $74
8 Scotiabank $70
9 Mizuho $68
10 Morgan Stanley $67 #Davos2020 ♥ 60 retweet 65
- Bundeskanzlerin #Merkel hat auf dem Weltwirtschaftsforum #Davos2020 einen stärkeren Klimaschutz angemahnt. . Die Frage, ob die Ziele des Pariser Klimaschutzabkommens erreicht werden, könne eine Frage des Überlebens werden. https://t.co/lBRdXt2feG ♥9 retweeted 9
- Chancellor #Merkel urged greater climate protection at the World Economic Forum # Davos2020. , The question of whether the goals of the Paris climate protection agreement can be achieved could become a question of survival.
- Sollte das Pariser Klimaabkommen scheitern, sei das eine “existenzielle Bedrohung”, sagte Bundeskanzlerin Angela ♥ 18 retweeted 13
- Should the Paris climate agreement fail, it would be an “existential threat,” said Chancellor Angela #Merkel at the World Economic Forum
#Global initiative (@1t_org) for the conservation of 1⃣ #trilliontrees🌳 launched at #WEF2020. 👉https://t.co/92sto1AB2Q @Benioff @salesforce @wef #WEF20 #ClimateAction #SDG13 #biodiversity #reforestation #ClimateChange #ParisAgreement @ClimateChangePK @WWF #Davos #Davos2020 ♥ 2 retweeted 1
Stop the ‘billionaire bonanza’ – and tackle wage inequality at the same time #wef20 #davos2020 https://t.co/j1nHzGsQ7u